View Single Post
Old 22 Feb 2020, 23:06 (Ref:3959274)   #34
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
I was in Adelaide for one of the greatest touring car races ever seen - consensus all around that it was simply sensational. Would have been 2001 or 2002 I think if memory serves. Raving everywhere about how good it was.
That race was on the Saturday of the event.
We all arrived at the circuit on Sunday morning tired but primed for another awesome race and it was pretty boring really.

Point is, there are always going to be some races that are somewhat processional, not as exciting etc and others that are simply incredible. Adelaide has never been an easy place to pass other cars so I don't really understand why anyone would expect that it has suddenly changed, plus this is the first hit out for the new dampers and the new aero package, so teams / drivers are learning their way.

Today could be a rather ordinary race or a simply sensational one - but yesterday's race is no indicator of which way it'll go.