View Single Post
Old 25 Sep 2019, 22:12 (Ref:3930140)   #10
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Exactly, and i think we've already hit that inflection point. Plus we still race horses.
Joeb nailed it right on the head. We still race horses and I've only seen a couple dozen being taken to work, yes I'm being serious there I actually know people who did routinely in Virginia ride a horse to work in the summer. And a few times in the winter snow.
But it will become cars racing more like F1 in every series. No one thinks that's MB or Ferrari or Renault street car parts in that car, it's the idea the company could make that and you'll help by supporting the manufacturer, buying a car, the sponsors, buying their stuff, or just buying tickets and enjoying the event. Whether any of it is truly relevant is somewhat meaningless, even in GT3 the cars are so different than anything you can buy to drive to work. The GT4 and TCR cars aren't even close, but there still will be cars and means of transportation beyond mass transit.

Now I do completely agree on the insanely high weight numbers and Aston Martin being cheap *******s and stripping out most of the Valkyrie fancy bits. There's a middle ground to be found and hopefully the ACO can accidentally find it