View Single Post
Old 29 Sep 2017, 21:12 (Ref:3770631)   #780
WatchingOn
Rookie

WatchingOn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Because i'm not the type of driver Super2 wants in the field.... plus i don't have the budget and am out of interest in banging my head against a brick wall these days chasing motor racing budgets.....

Had a sponsorship deal come off I likely would have been in the non-championship Konica Series support race for the 2002 race...

I'm guessing you aren't racing because points aren't on offer though?

I think that speaks more of the pathetic attitude of some of the current Super2 drivers or entrants these days then
I think that you are missing the point although you do make reference to why you didn't race in the Konica race way back when

Super2 is a 7 round championship with Bathurst as an optional round which as it says optional, in effect this means that the taking on Bathurst as an optional round increases your yearly budget above what it has/was the previous year.

I understand that Bathurst is prestigious but you can't call divers pathetic because they can't afford to do it when you yourself state that you would have raced but couldn't get sponsorship

I sometimes wonder what people's perception is of how much motorsport actually costs.