View Single Post
Old 19 Apr 2011, 23:25 (Ref:2866726)   #22
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchbr View Post
Purist,
I appreciate the honesty. Now that I think about it, you are right, but I would like to see some sort of change to the Houston layout if IICS were to go there.

About people complaining about Calder, I know it's been unused for at least a couple years and is starting to crumble a little bit. An obvious renovation would be needed, but a 44,000 seat clockwise oval just outside Melbourne could make for an interesting turnout. More hopeful thinking than anything, especially with the almighty dollar standing in the way everywhere we look anymore.
I've been to Calder and it's not fit for open wheel cars and the place would have to be totally rebuilt. Not a renovation, but rebuilt. There isn't the money for it either on behalf of the circuit owner, nor the local government or a promoter would touch irlcar with a ten foot pole. I'd focus on actual things and events and not "fantasy" schedules and events that will never happen.