Thread: PWC: 2020
View Single Post
Old 22 Oct 2019, 00:46 (Ref:3936150)   #209
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
It’s going to be interesting to see how this affects things.

This is probably why SRO went quiet on implementing GT2 in America for 2020. They are instead focusing on getting the Am’s into GT3 for Now.

Also hidden in the announcement was a drop from 7 Rounds to 6. Not clear if that means they aren’t going to include the 8 hours of Indy in this series after all, or whether they are dropping COTA

I hope this transition back to pro-am focus allows for more entries, I’m honestly not sure what the impact will be although surely they wouldn’t do it without enough team input...

Also KPAX to Gt Challenge Europe would be cool
It sounded like 2 cars were leaving was at least an influence on this. Sounds like KPax is headed to Europe to replace MSport. Not a bad swap.

They really need to drop the 8 Hour from the season, it's almost a third of the season in one race. It has to be crazy costs and very unlike the rest of the racing.

It also seems like GT4 is too attractive to those who could run GT2. Yes, the speeds are MUCH lower but better return on investment and smaller learning curve.

It would be interesting to see what the costs for car, rebuilds and track time are for cars in GT3, GT2 and GT4. I'd hope in that order with a good jump between each group.