View Single Post
Old 26 Apr 2023, 04:05 (Ref:4153025)   #130
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
The most noticeable thing on the car is the lack of the usually prominent Mercedes Tri-Star logo on the grille.
Are they ashamed of the car and need to distance themselves?
It looks very bland, unremarkable, and anonymous from the outside, no different looking from other large bland unremarkable looking sedans.... but I guess they (Merc) have the AMG variants to fill that void.

I just thought it an omission of what has become so associated from pretty much every other Mercedes vehicle launched in recent years.

Edit: comment made after viewing pic on a phone. Looking on a larger screen shows a very small raised bonnet emblem. Still a departure from the norm unless I just dont look at Mercs closely enough these days
On most models, the grille star is standard. The bonnet emblem has been an option, and has typically only been available on the higher spec trims.
There was rumour that the bonnet emblem would only be available on the S-Class, and would be removed as an option on the E-Class during the next cycle of updates.