Old 12 Oct 2005, 04:12 (Ref:1431466)   #10
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
storyline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Cranker
Would the person who cited the SBR drivers for lack of a balaclava NEED to be a Judge of Fact ?
Based on what has been said afterwards by officialdom - yes he would.

Why?

Because otherwise the point COULD have been protested and argued - under the Australian NCR's a Judge of Facts decision cannot be protested. IMHO one of the most ridiculous rules in place in Australia because it allows a completely biased person, or someone with an axe to grind to make a decision and that decision stands - regardless of what any other evidence shows.

Now - some of those who make decisions in race control are judges of fact - and I am not suggesting they are being dishonest or perverting justice - but you sometimes have to wonder whether a pattern of decisions that has been made are being made because of factual evidence or personality?

Obviously everyone will have their own opinion - I'vee seen these decisions being made and I have to say the latter course very closely matches the pattern of some people.