View Single Post
Old 8 Dec 2016, 11:30 (Ref:3694765)   #140
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
As to EU matter
again, I dont agree
what You can do or not NOW is not the question
the question will be how it will work IN FUTURE
as this will mean bringing car from UK into and out of the EU there will be the full customs and tax impact of that
AT BEST, you will need carnets again for the cars and tools to get in and out with no taxes paid and no bonds or deposits paid on entry on the assumption that you will take the car back

this will apply vice versa for Europeans going into the UK
Yes my point was it happened before so nothing new just as you say red tape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
also it would be one thing to get the car for instance FROM UK INTO EUROPE,
it is quite another TO GET IT BACK IN
dont assume that UK customs will treat You friendly because you are UK resident
potentially you are evading taxes so they will check
just ask a car/bike dealer about NOVA and the potential fines involved
and this is NOW where there is no tax to paid importing a classic car from Europe but You can still get fined over NOVA if you dont register vehicle movement quickly

And if You dont believe me....
remember Bernie had use his influence to get F1 spares out of customs this year in Asia ?

UK will have similar customs status, so expect similar falllout

on the other hand, there are FJ tour events all over the world with cars beeing shipped, so it is possible to do that, just into Europe with more red tape than before

RuE
We may have got complacent with the ability to roam around Europe freely. But I do recall the old days of shipping stuff around the globe. I also have direct experience of Asia and the Middle East. All pretty much the norm.

I suspect what will happen is that preppers will get more business because they will have the facilities and people to deal with the paperwork.

But as it isn't going to happen for a couple of years, my position is that things won't change dramatically before or after the UK leaves the EU. The more relevant question is "will the EU exist in 2 years time?"