View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2017, 17:45 (Ref:3721918)   #298
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
If true, it begs the question, where will he go? All seats are taken this year. Could he get Bottas's seat after his one year contract is up? I don't think Lewis would like that.
Retire from F1? Race in WEC? His frustration with F1 may go beyond McLaren/Honda. They may just be the icing on the cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
I'd be surprised if the Spaniard walked mid-season, but McLaren do have Button race-ready in the wings if it does come to a crisis.
If they don't make serious progress by mid-season, then I can imagine it happening. If they make steady progress, it might be harder to believe.

The entire thing with Button not fully retiring and McLaren having him on some of retainer (beyond a brand ambassador or whatever his title is) has always been fishy to me. As if they knew or suspected things might go sideways with Alonso so they keep Button in the wings. The implication being that Alonso had given them notice in advance... If things are not right in 2017, I am gone.

Richard