View Single Post
Old 3 Sep 2017, 01:53 (Ref:3763952)   #39
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Williams say they have no idea why they were quick in qualifying, with a chassis that naturally does not like wet weather, and slow speed track conditions. This really does summarise the engineering situation at Williams doesn't it? So sad for Williams F1.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/w...ifying-948524/

On a positive note, Stroll did an exceptional job (P4 in Q3, P2 for the start) considering where is more experienced team mate was (P9 in Q3, P7 for the start). Watching the onboards, Stroll handled the wet conditions very well. He wasn't doing his usual sawing of the wheel as much as he does in the dry. Much smoother in the wet. He seems to like the wet and slower conditions. If he can adapt this same driving style for the dry, he would do well. I'm guessing this is something he's working on with his frequent 'secret tests' in the '14 Williams car. The last one being in Austin just before the Belgium GP.

As for the wet conditions, they say the best drivers always shine during wet conditions. And five of the top ten at the end of Q3 I rate as some of the best and more talented drivers on the grid. And that's based on natural, gifted talent. Not by how many wins they have. And no, SV and KR are not on that list. Sorry.

Last edited by F1Guy; 3 Sep 2017 at 02:18.