View Single Post
Old 23 Jan 2019, 10:58 (Ref:3877886)   #12
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I run points on all my engines, If you use good quality bits its reliable and performs.

I have in the past done back to back tests with electronic on the dyno and it made no difference to the power.

a few years back I gave SH a point distributor at Brands for his FF . . . .electronic conked out. . . . he said afterwards the car had never run better.

there are 'new' parts out there which fail if you stare at them hard enough, won't rev over 5000 without points bouncing, utter rubbish, and from 'reputable companies, however, there is plenty off good quality available, you just have to make some effort to do the right thing and sort the wheat from the chaff
True enough, even the reputable names can produce some dross - there was a rush to buy used methanol fuel pumps when the most popular manufacturer changed production location and it turned out the glue used to hold the winding in place wasn't resistant to methanol...

I recently bought a rotor arm from Distributor Doc (who I assume sells good stuff?), strangely he convinced me to buy a second one even though his new one will apparently last far longer than the car it is attached to!