View Single Post
Old 29 Aug 2009, 06:05 (Ref:2530245)   #1
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Historic Racing and Historic Racing Today Forum-Where is it going ?

Having just returned from Abu Dhabi earlier in the week where they are messing with their new mini Monaco circuit and taking about Historic's,24 HR races and such I arrived at a bit of a do in Provence where there was a collection of a few of the top historic racers.
As we continued to have the odd glass or two the discussion started about historics and as a couple are irregular contributors to this forum the question was asked what was it all about .
The subject of the Donington Masters meeting came up and lack of entries.It seemed many had committed to race but did not show .Why should Ron continue to do a good job if he has no backing that he can rely on from the people he is trying to help? If all the organisers face the same problem why continue.
On the subject of hooky cars the feeling was that they will continue to prosper until someone does something about them and with entries in short supply the chances are slim.
The opinions about this Forum were interesting with one of the assembled crew thinking that many decent threads were started but it all usually degenerates into drivel after 16 to 20 replies with the Forum Mafia taking over!I was included in this gang along with some others ,Masters PR club etc.
My excuse was on some days I had nothing better to do and liked a good stir!Couldn't speak about the rest but from past experience know that it is bloody boring sitting in downtown Doha with nothing else better to do.On this subject was told that Lord of Qatar is really good bloke and has his heart in right place.Perfect reference from superstar so I must be careful.
The JT reports had a star but the lack of opinions about races other than Tin Tops and 60/70's things was unfortunate
The discussion and argument went downhill after that with the rose winning.
Idea of this ramble is where does the assembled throng think Historics and in particular this forum is heading
To make it interesting and sensible only people with less than 1000 posts should be allowed to answer .
Am obviously at a lose end this morning.