Thread: 2020 TCR Series
View Single Post
Old 21 Dec 2019, 23:24 (Ref:3947933)   #85
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
I find it a tad amusing that ‘fans’ would advocate the ATCC title being attributed to a series that doesn’t even use the name?
Fair enough - I find it highly amusing that "fans" would advocate the title being attributed to anything other than the top level of touring car racing in the country. Maybe we should award the Gold Star to Formula Vee and the World Drivers Championship to GP2?

Quote:
Interesting. This question came up on the V8 Sleuth podcast recent, and CAMS being legally obliged to give the Supercars winner the ATCC title never came up in his response I’m sure the V8 Sleuth would agree he doesn’t know everything, you would think something like is knowledge he would be on top of.
Well Noonz would have been maybe 7 years old at the time (kidding) but the media didn't get the same briefings that the teams (as shareholders) got when it was all going down. It was certainly part of the settlement at the time but that agreement may have been superseded or updated since then, hence my post saying "I believe".

Quote:
Interesting viewpoint of CAMS shafting Supercars too, no matter what the legal outcome was.
I guess it could be called an interesting viewpoint but most certainly an accurate one.

Quote:
Doesn’t sound like CAMS has a choice, going by what you posted above

Do you consider Sports Sedans to be touring cars?
Well, as the main game is an FIA series, I guess that whilst CAMS has input, ultimately the FIA system would prevail, although CAMS classified supercars as touring cars before the series became an FIA one.

I don't believe that either CAMS or the FIA classify Sports Sedans as touring cars so I don't see the point of your question?