View Single Post
Old 20 Mar 2013, 00:14 (Ref:3221481)   #1
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
uk f1 tv coverage - sky, bbc and ch4

right, so where were we?

quoting this excellent post seems to be a good place to start:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
The 'Sky scandal' isn't about production. It's about the bosses and Eccelstone in particular. Live F1 doesn't need to be behind a paywall or if a paywall than let it be a paywall at an itunes price or something.

Once though the Sky bosses handed down their instruction to the production team; they did a good job with it.

I don't like all that punditry but that's a view that won't be shared by most and is also something most broadcasters do with their headline sports and Sky has brought to the max - giving a whole channel over to it.

However that's only a personal preference and I don't really assign blame to the Sky F1 team for dong that.

In short the Sky production is fine and they should be proud of their achievement.
i have to agree on the punditry. it's ending up a bit football-esque in the shows i've managed to catch. some of the features look brilliant, but they're never going to get close to the quality of the bbc random atmospheric vts. those are superb. sky never seem to get the music right, and when they do, the footage they use isn't right either!

what's the midweek show they do like to watch?