View Single Post
Old 7 Jan 2019, 04:50 (Ref:3874391)   #2
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
With wonderful BoPing, I find it hard to predict anything, which is it's purpose, orchestrated thrill.
Without, however, and still, just offhand, I wouldn't bet against a Cadidliac, their record being what it is.
(Since 2013, 18 of a possible 30 top 5s and 12 of a possible 18 podiums)
Maybe it's time to BoP somebody different into the club, eh?

I'm so excited. I await the 24 with bated breath. (as in not.)
Just a friendly reminder when everything current is disparaged in the name of the "good ole days", here's an example of the "good ole days" that put 2012 Sebring combined event with their podium ceremonies still going on, etc... to shame:

http://www.racingsportscars.com/resu...966-03-26.html

That's 10 classes for a 64 car field. Are they done with those podium ceremonies yet?

And lest anyone bemoan the "Cadillac parade" that is sort of forming in dp righr now, I give you this:

http://www.racingsportscars.com/resu...987-03-21.html

Top 6 in gtp and 6 of top 7 overall were Porsche 962's.

I post this to just point out that every era has its flaws, but are all usually remembered with rose tinted glasses. And to say that it seems as if people are playing their "roles" on here more strongly, which is devolving conversations into the extreme, black/white viewpoints that plague most places.

I'm not excited about bop determining anything this year, but I will enjoy the racing as it is, knowing that in 20 years we will probably look at this era as a pretty cool period.

On the dp front, is anyone else concerned that 3 of the four manufacturers are Japanese? Not to be dark or anything, but a natural disaster severely damaged a sports car program previously. Is it not worrisome that something like that could knock out half the dp field ajd create an actual cadillac parade? Would be nice to see a manufacturer from a different region join in.

Last edited by RWill2073; 7 Jan 2019 at 04:56.