View Single Post
Old 2 Jan 2021, 15:27 (Ref:4026444)   #41
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Something that annoys me more than a lot is reading, as one does from time to time, that due to climate change we will never see snow again. This came up, yet again, on a few sites only about a week or so ago, but it frustrates the hell out of me because, at this moment, I am looking out a virtual white out.

Up here, it has been snowing off and on, since Boxing Day with between 4 and 6 inches dumped on one day alone. And it has been snowing off and on all day today, so far, and looking at the leaden skies, that looks set to carry on for some hours.
Mike, I suppose it depends just where you live, at the moment we are stuck in Kent where I have lived mostly for the last 73 years. We certainly don't have the snow and long periods of freezing weather that we used to have when I was growing up in the 50/60s.
I know that our minds do play tricks with us as the years go on but our local "rag" often prints old pictures and stories from years ago showing huge snow drifts and frozen lakes that we certainly haven't had for years.
OK so we have over wintered in Spain for the last 20 odd years but with modern technology I have been able to keep an eye on our UK property from a distance.
What I have also observed is the rising sea level around our Spanish residence by looking at old cine film and photos that I have taken since 1973.
As the Mediterranean doesn't have any tides to speak of I can tell that we have lost about 2mt of beach over that time and some of our favourite "secret" skinny dip ones have disappeared altogether.
As I am typing this we have blue skies and no snow, saying that I might wake up to a foot of it tomorrow
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !