Thread: 2021 Race Dates
View Single Post
Old 23 Feb 2021, 12:50 (Ref:4036424)   #68
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
So England restart form 29 March?

"Motorsport UK is pleased to announce that organised Permitted motorsport can resume in England with effect from 29 March, subject to local restrictions and in accordance with its own Restart Guidance.

This confirmation follows the announcement on 22 February by Prime Minister Boris Johnson that the third lockdown imposed on 4 January will be lifted, and formally organised outdoor sports – for adults and under 18s – can also restart but should be compliant with guidance issued by national governing bodies.

As the applicable governing body for the sport, Motorsport UK will now begin granting Permits for all disciplines, and applications are invited in the usual way.

Motorsport UK will resume the sport in accordance with its Restart protocols, which have guided the safe resumption of motorsport through the lifting of the two previous lockdowns. Updated guidance relevant to the latest restart will be available on MotorsportUK.org in due course.

Motorsport UK guidance in relation to Exemptions and Elite Sport still applies.

The governing body acknowledges the target of late spring for allowing spectators on a limited basis and will follow those developments in order to keep its stakeholders informed.

Motorsport activities in Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Channel Islands are subject to prevailing government guidance in those devolved territories and we look forward to announcing updates relevant to those nations in due course. The Isle of Man is not subject to a lockdown at this time."

I've put my entry in for Oulton on April 10, but still a bit sceptical as guidance still seems to be "stay local" at that time. We'll see.