View Single Post
Old 22 Jul 2018, 08:47 (Ref:3837926)   #103
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mini MM and I had a wonderful day thank you. We couldn't understand the people going home at 5:00 with the three very best races to come - and they didn't disappoint. We sat transfixed at Woodcote grandstand watching GT, Sports cars and the absolute highlight - WEC cars. I realised I've been sitting in the same spot for nearly 50 years now....my first time at SS was the British GP 1970 and I watched from Woodcote grandstand....eek!

So pleased that the meeting encompasses a much wider range than traditional "classic" stuff, love the 70/80/90/00 cars.

With my motorsports retailer hat on, I reckon there were fewer people there but the ones missing were the "family day out" market. Fewer buggies. Fewer bored kids running up and down the grandstand. If that continues I may consider taking a trade stand again, I have a cunning plan.

Pricing? It's £40 to stand at MUFC for 90 minutes of Champions League, £33 in advance to Alton Towers, £55 at the gate where by all accounts as long as you like queues you'll be fine. Silverstone is a world class venue, they had plenty of staff on the food stands so you rarely queued for long. There were lots of little customer service touches, from water bottle refill taps to "race makers" dispensing advice and wisdom. Free shuttle buses. Unrivalled access to the best historic cars in the world. Best of all you don't have to dress up like a schools' "50s day". I'm a fan!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk