View Single Post
Old 30 Sep 2020, 18:26 (Ref:4007660)   #2664
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Grant if you want to try Internet Freeview without a cable all round management's feet you can get a gizmo that uses the ring main. We have one and it's excellent and I think it's called a power line or similar.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Max,

Yep I bought one for a connection between the incoming router and a socket in my "office" but it was hopeless. Possibly because of the way the house was originally wired and the socket being on different floors.

Also it is a relatively large device that would probably be banned from the socket in the small hallway into which I would need to plug it. And the power supply for the Router. And the Vacuum cleaner when cleaning is demanded.

There is a battle there best avoided.

For normal use a Wi-Fi extended with a LAN socket seems to be OK most of the time but not sure I would want to add TV downloads to the Wi-Fi overhead on a regular use basis. Plus the original extender seems to have developed a fault after about 3 years. May be terminal.

Management tends to have an aversion to knowing that such things (cables in this case) are around whether visible or not. Proximity to feet is not necessary for rejection!