View Single Post
Old 8 Jun 2017, 19:14 (Ref:3739527)   #40
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, when you're watching it on TV I don't think it matters what region of the world it's in (unless the time zones mess with it). Remember Kuwait only has a population of about 4 million - making it less than London, or Scotland.

I don't care that it's in the middle east, I just think the track is a big pile of steaming...vanity nonsense. If they transplanted this into France, it'd be the same thing. Similarly, if they dropped Spa into Iran, it'd still be epic.

So to get around the fact that the track is as dull as a school play, they'll put it at night, pay to be the final round so it's a championship decider and put on some fireworks at the hotel, and everyone will have a huge party they can't drink alcohol at. It isn't exactly bringing anything new to the table.

The ACO should also learn from the mistakes of relying on big single incomes like this. We all listen to MWM and read the articles - we're all aware of the financial blow that the ACO took when Audi left. It proved it wasn't wise to rely on all of the money that Audi threw at the event. All it'll take is for a barrel of oil to be worth less than bottled water (again), and suddenly that income is away too. It seems like an easy source of income, but a very very unstable and unreliable one.

I'm sure it'll be amazing, and have a confirmed crowd of 55,000 though.