View Single Post
Old 3 Oct 2019, 10:42 (Ref:3931655)   #12
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mprmke View Post
It was the worst thing I'd ever seen all my life of watching motorsport.
That suggests you haven't seen much motorsport. To me watching Plato deliberately punt drivers off is worse. I saw every getting of of Sheddens way very much a case of "you reap what you sow" for Plato.

Quote:
No matter where you are on the grid and what place you're fighting for, as a driver in round 1, round 11, round 15 or whatever you fight as hard as you can, to the best of your ability to look after your own race and your own results. Why should it be any different in round 30?
That approach rules out any form of team orders / tactics - where do you stand on teams asking drivers to swap positions? Is that the second worst thing you've ever seen in motorsport?

Quote:
The situation with Turkington and Plato was a tricky one. Turkington was still mathematically in with a chance of winning the title, but it was considerably less likely than Plato, so you can see both viewpoints on that one.
According to your own view on this it's clearcut - why should Turkington have let Plato past? To do so would have been one of the worst things you've ever seen in motorsport