View Single Post
Old 3 Oct 2019, 10:44 (Ref:3931656)   #13
FFSM
Rookie

FFSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
How do you feel about Senna taking out Prost? Would you say Senna was not a 'really good driver' as a result of his actions?

I thought it a rather poetic form of justice - when people are prepared to sacrifice their own results just so a particular individual doesn't win I think it says more about that driver than the others. If it was only one or two drivers getting out of the way it's one thing, but when half the grid does it then that sends a message pretty loud and clear. I'd class Plato's many 'push to pass' moves as more 'disgusting' than drivers moving out of the way to ensure he doesn't win to be honest. From what I recall of being at that meeting most people near me were rather pleased at what was happening.

Senna vs Prost was a huge grudge match between two drivers, fuelled by resentment held by Senna (rightly or wrongly) at the perceived favouritism from Balestre. This was nothing like that.

Plato is no worse than anyone else on the grid with some of the moves he pulls, which suggests that the situation that arose was much more about his personality off-track.

At this level, these guys should be able to leave their personality issues in the garage once they get on the grid. It should never affect the result of a race, let alone decide a title - and certainly not in such a visible way.

It said a lot more about them than it did about Plato (or Shedden).