View Single Post
Old 1 Nov 2019, 23:17 (Ref:3938044)   #6
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
From reading about FP1 there seems to be a lot of bumps and tarmac break up at COTA. That seems a bit strange for a relatively new track or was it built on a lake like Interlagos.
They have this clay in central and east Texas that absorbs water like a sponge. I'm not well traveled but the ground can expand and contract like nothing I've ever seen. I've seen 4ft (120ish cm) of compacted soil and gravel dropping from under an existing 4 story office building over 1 year! Those guys and gals over there are used to it and have a pretty good handle on the engineering, but there's not much you can do about roads.

Of course, I'm not sure of this is the cause, but that's what I think is going on.

Last edited by JHamilton; 1 Nov 2019 at 23:25.