Thread: IMSA DPi Discussion
View Single Post
Old 24 Jul 2017, 11:15 (Ref:3753922)   #2787
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
They won PLM once in GTE with their 458s too .... So, they won a few races in several years ... this year they are almost up to pace in practice and qualifying, with the worst of the Cadillacs ... Van Overbeek and Derani are good drivers (Derani is well beyond "good")and Scott Sharp is not terrible.

The team has eight wins since 2010. My math is week ... is that 1.125 wins per season? Somehow my mind is not blown.

So ... you would call them DPi powerhouses? Among the dominant teams in IMSA?

Dude, Mike Shank won the Rolex one year. Is MSR a "powerful force in IMSA racing"?

On the other Action Express has three consecutive Titles ... not three race wins in five years. WTR has five or six consecutive wins. Audi won ALMS pretty much ... always. Nine titles in nine years.

Penske Porsche took three consecutive P2 titles ... in three years.

ESM averaged seventh in championship points in its six full-time seasons in ALMS and IMSA.

Seems to me ... take away Pipo Derani and they would have Zero wins in the past three seasons.

I like the team ... but I don't see them threatening even race wins except when Derani drives for them ... and so far, the rest of the crew has managed to offset his contributions.

The team has a best of second and third this season. However, their average best finish is 13th, and average over two cars, 22nd.

I am sorry but I just do not consider them to be a top-tier team, based on their results.
So your logic is because ESM does not have TONS of cash to throw at the championship, one mind you if Penske hadn't won would be considered a HUGE failure, they are terrible?? Is there no middle ground for you and they have to either be the worst or best? I'm really getting tired of the superiority complex of some one here who think they could run a series and seem to have NO clue about what has caused the problems before and think teams pulling out was the only flaw. The reasons they pulled out are the problems. But hey keep ignoring the Penske problem, ie unlimited cash for one team, and we'll merrily whistle into another ALMS fade out.