Old 9 Jan 2006, 20:19 (Ref:1498080)   #43
Steve Holmes
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Steve Holmes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian beckett
Happy New Year everyone! I am hoping to build a model of the 320 sponsored by JPS which raced in Australia in the early '80's. Does anyone know of sources of photo evidence which would be helpful to me? Thanks in advance Ian Beckett.
Ian, try here (about midway down the page).

http://www.autopics.com.au/cache/sea....html?cache=no

I seem to recall the JPS team having a second car which appeared in 1982-83, driven by Jim Richards, which was turbo charged and raced in Sports Sedan events. I think Richards was leading the '83 championship before being involved in a massive crash moments after the start of the Adelaide race. Then the same car was rebuilt and raced at Sandown in '83 as normally aspirated when the World Sportscar championship visited Aus.

There are no photos of the Richards car (or is it the Grice car with different bodykit?) for some reason on the Autopics site, but email them and they might have some photos which could help.

I have several photos of the car(s) from my Australian Motor Race annuals, but I don't have them here. I'll get them in a couple of weeks from storage and let you know.