View Single Post
Old 17 Sep 2011, 12:11 (Ref:2956833)   #42
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaroo Park View Post
It was strang thought that he did protest the CMS Team from Sweden of Ulf Granberg and Kiwi Inky Tulloch, didn't matter much as they only lasted a few laps, but it was the only European Sierra Protested. I often wondered that after the arse kicking that the Eurpeans got at the hands of Dick and John Bowe at Silverstone weather Eggenberger was giving Walkinshaw info on what he believes was making the cars so fast and he protested accordingly
A really random thought- I certainly don't think I've ever seen anything in print to suggest it's the truth.
The Swedish CMS Sierra (supplied as a kit of parts from Andy Rouse IIRC) had also been at Silverstone- I think it was the race debut for the car. Could there have been some potential issue with the Swedish car that Walkinshaw was already aware of from Silverstone which led to it being included in the protest, while the other two European-sourced (Moffatt/Eggenberger and Petch/Wolf) Sierras weren't?