View Single Post
Old 6 Aug 2019, 14:05 (Ref:3921691)   #639
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am really confused Silhuette.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silhuette View Post
I try to follow the races on YouTube since none of the TV channels I have seem to be covering this season. The fact that FIA is only streaming the live qualifications followed by just the finals is quite annoying and breaks the whole race. Whoever thought this was a good idea?
I'm assuming you're in a country where you can get the youtube live streams, otherwise ignore this section. The videos stay online to be watched whenever (albeit I think the Canada Q2 video messed up big time). The Finals are roughly an hour of highlights of qualifying then roughly an hour live with both Semi's and the Final plus RX2/ARX/ERX/ARX2 support category finals. This is brilliant and means you can spend 2 hours (or less by skipping the talking) to see every race highlight and the crunch time races in full. Or you can watch Q1-4 in full. I do which means I just skip the first hour of the finals programme.

Quote:
It's like watching the previous round of the champions league followed by the last ten minutes of the next game.
I would argue it's like watching highlights of the quarter finals and semi finals then watching the final in full. Maybe slightly different in terms of time (30-60 minutes live in WRX compared to 90+minutes) but not too far off.

Quote:
The grid placement seems random
Q1 - randomly decided order of grid. New system in Canada but still basically random
Q2-Q4 - Top 5 in previous session are in last race, next 5 fastest in penultimate race, next 5... until there are 6-10 drivers left. If 6 they split 3/3, 7 split 4/3, 8 split 5/3, 9 split 5/4 and 10 a nice even 5/5. Pole goes to the fastest of the drivers in that race, 2nd is for the second fastest etc.

In Q2/Q3 the order can be that the fastest drivers go out first or the slowest drivers go out first. This is randomly decided.
In Q4 slowest drivers go out first.

Semi Final - Odds 1st-11th in quali go to SF1 and Evens 2nd-12th to SF2. Start in the order they qualified.

Final - Finishing position in semi-final is the row you start on. Between each row pairing whoever was higher in quali gets the odd start (1st/3rd/5th) and the other gets the even start position (2nd/4th/6th)

Quote:
cars are missing, other cars are full of tape and presumably damaged.
Really? Of the 136 races in 2019 there have been 9 DNS. Race to race this season has been a healthy 15 cars throughout plus GCK, GRX and ES Motorsport adding an extra car at some or most rounds. Cars don't always have time to be fixed or budgets might be low and putting a new bumper only for it to be destroyed would be a waste. I went to Titans RX and Kevin Hansen broke his rear bumper on Saturday morning. They covered it with tape and kept it like that the whole weekend and it was destroyed again the next day. If they'd put a new bumper on right there and then that would have cost them 2 bumpers rather than 1.

Quote:
Is FIA deliberately trying to frustrate us into not caring about the sport anymore?
FIA has a good history of driving costs too high and ruining championships which almost happened going into this year. Costs need to come down and no one is really doing anything about it.

Not trying to be harsh, I just disagree with most of what you said.