View Single Post
Old 23 Jan 2017, 20:19 (Ref:3704560)   #50
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
to his credit imo, BE has been instrumental in conforming F1 into a TV friendly event. yes he did it for money but the benefit of a TV friendly time format meant the sport became so much more accessible then it was in the past and has led to a much greater level of coverage which means i can watch more of it.
I am all for giving credit where it is due. I agree with your comment above. I will also say it was a 1990's solution for a 1990's problem (or pick whatever recently past decade this truly fits). Time has marched on. Time for new blood and new ideas. His doggedness was an asset and liability. It let him get things done and it also allowed him to dig his heels in and prevent (needed) change as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Any yes... that IS funny!

Richard