View Single Post
Old 18 Jun 2009, 10:24 (Ref:2485830)   #26
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Stevens View Post
I know it would perhaps be difficult in the current financial climate but there always is the possibility of sponsorship, especially with a "different" race. Reallistically if it is going to be a 4/6 hour race it does need to be at a track at least 2 miles round. Spa would of course be fantastic but perhaps it should be kept to this country both for sponsorship reasons and the fact that some drivers would not want to go abroad or may only have a Nat "B" licence. I will have a word with a friend who has organised stuff like this before. If interest is ongoing we could put a poll out on it. All speculation I know but well done Podd for bringing the subject up.
Agreed re track length. We then must consider what's available and it comes down to (IMO) Silverstone International, Donington National(?), Snetterton and I think possibly Angelssey. Anything in Ireland? My reasoning is noise issues.

If it were to run to CSCC regs then it does open up the opportunities for interesting interpretations of historic cars.