View Single Post
Old 14 Jun 2019, 10:06 (Ref:3910058)   #51
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
[a factory supported entry]

.... which is against the rules of TCR

Then again, I dunno what the hell the Cyan racing team in WTCR is, if it isn't a factory racing team?
Where has the information come from suggesting this is against the rules of TCR?

The TCR Technical Regulations state:
'Manufacturers [...] may delegate to an Engineering Company to develop a TCR car and to represent the manufacturer's interests in relations with WSC[...]
WSC is the only authority entitled to authorize any Manufacturers or Engineering Company to build a TCR car [...]
Any Manufacturer [...] interested to build and certificate a TCR car must contact WSC'

Which is almost the exact opposite of being against the rules.

From the TCRA website:
'TCR Series rules stipulate that fully-fledged factory owned entires are prohibited, however, car manufacturers are encouraged to support its cars entered by professional or private teams.'

Ignoring the spelling mistake with entries, then what are Mazda doing that is wrong if a factory supported entry does not align with 'manufacturers are encouraged to support its cars'?