View Single Post
Old 5 Feb 2016, 07:22 (Ref:3611792)   #13
truebeliever
Racer

truebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtruebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
- Quaranteed LM entry
- No proam driver restriction force feed crap
- No spec chassis force feed crap
- No spec component force feed crap
- No spec engine force feed crap
- No $$$ cost cap force feed crap
- No freezed specs technology and denied innovative development force feed crap
- Assuming you're competent and reliable it's "automatic" best of the rest placement and possible high positioning, even if the chances are slim

Too bad that restricting them to WEC alone dooms em.
I agree wholeheartedly with your synopsis my friend

The ACO need P1. They need a "premier" prototype class in my opinion, as you saw what happened after Group C was killed of by Eccelstone, the Le Mans race paled in significance.

So if my assumption is correct and the ACO are not about to move things into a GT only class structure, then they should be doing something to make P1 Privateer more attractive to the P2 teams that do not want to run in a spec series.

The Nissan P1 was a debacle in any term you care to look at it. If 1 more of the current 3 factory P1 teams decide to bail, t all begins to look decidedly shaky at the top. So that's why I think the ACO should be encouraging P1 Privateer, which on the surface does not appear to be happening. But then I guess Privateers cannot fill the ACO carpark with their road models

Allowing Privateer P1 cars to run in the ELMS, might be a wise start to encouragement. But I think the biggest stumbling block for any advancement in the fields at the moment, there are no customer chassis as there were back in the Lola days! I am sure Oreca will happily build you a Mk11 Rebellion, as I am sure Mr. Kolles would too, not sure who would want to deal with him though?

So as the situation is today, I do not see the status quo changing any.