View Single Post
Old 14 Apr 2023, 12:07 (Ref:4151417)   #1470
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gussets approved to strengthen weak points in the chassis:
https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/supercar...strengthening/

Macaulay Jones called for the front splitters to be redesigned for improved strength:
https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/04/14...ars-front-bar/

I imagine that will be approved too, along with strengthening other weak points like the steering rack mounts and suspension mounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
So, different engines create exciting racing, but they're different - different being the antithesis of parity.

Two different engines, no matter how well "equalised" will still be different, ergo, someone will have an advantage.

Asking Supercars for cheap(er), parity and different engines is, I feel, a bridge too far
I would have been quite happy with a Mustang Cup similar to the Carrera Cup myself! No more silly things like parity adjustments.

It seems a Mustang Cup as the Australian Touring Car Championship is something the Holden faithful were less enthusiastic about...

On the other hand, the NZV8 faction of the NZV8 v V8SuperTourer split managed to achieve parity between a variety of vehicles and engines including the TRD 5L in a Toyota Camry shaped racer. It wasn't necessary to adopt a category engine like the V8SuperTourer class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
It's of no interest to me, if you like it then go for it but I prefer classes like GT3 and production (B12hr and B6hr).
Yes and no I guess. One-make F2 & F3 produce good racing. Ford could proudly promote the Mustang Cup as the only manufacturer involved, which seems more logical than having Chevrolet Camaros running around winning which aren't sold in Australia nor sponsoring teams or the series.

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 14 Apr 2023 at 12:12.