View Single Post
Old 11 Sep 2021, 09:58 (Ref:4073056)   #8
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post

Philippe Gache and Johnny Cecotto were on the entry list for the World Cup supporting TOCA Shootout.
According to the race result on Wikipedia, Gache was a DNF in the World Cup race with accident damage, so I wonder if his Mondeo wasn't repairable in time? I was there, but don't remember the circumstances of Gache's accident, was he part of the various first-lap shunts that took out Alain Menu, Keith O'Dor, Jan Lammers, and David Leslie amongst others, and led to the race being red-flagged?

My programme is buried in the loft somewhere, but IIRC there was a bit of chopping and changing of the Shoot-Out entry list after the WC race - vague and unreliable memory suggests a few additional entries were announced, not all of which actually took the start, and a bit of car-swapping went on- Steve Soper seems to have used Winkelhock's car for the Shoot-Out for some reason?