View Single Post
Old 25 Aug 2006, 19:02 (Ref:1696681)   #14
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wilkinson
As Westwood is one of the missing chassis numbers from the sprint championship records how are you actually going to record this 'third' 772P?

772P 'B'

or

772P-'B'

Thanks.
Either I guess. The chassis number would be 'B' the same way F1R allocated 'P1' to a Parnell-built Lotus 24. I'm getting braver about allocating identities to 'extra' cars as if we don't do it, who will? But I only do it if I'm confident the car wasn't built out of something older.

You may have noticed that I'm moving away from using dashes or obliques to separate chassis numbers to using square brackets. I've done this mainly because it's hard to tell whether March 722/32 is March 722 chassis number 32 or an unknown March 722 upgraded to 732 spec. Ditto Chevron B25/7 and so on. It was never a problem on F1 cars when I started my system but the production cars cause all sorts of problems. So where you'd use 772-6/782 for Ted Williams' car, I'd now use 772/782 [6].

I hope drifty will excuse the anoracs discussing such minutiae.