View Single Post
Old 5 Feb 2018, 11:38 (Ref:3798650)   #13
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
JorritVD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nissan wanted to compete this year's edition. Just the new/updated Nissan GT-R wasn't allowed for this year. They still could go with the older spec car, but apprently both Nissan Australia as Nissan global not wanted to spend budget towards it.

Jonny Adam and David King from Aston Martin Racing both posted on Twitter they really would like to enter with the Vantage. I think it doesn't need to be "full factory" pro efforts, but a pro-am Beechdean i think could be as strong like the Black Swan Racing entry. Next to that R-Motorsport could enter their Vantage in pro, maybe working together with Matt Stone Racing.

From Ferrari you can't expect to much, really depends if a strong team can find budget and than might get support from Ferrari.

Had a quick chat with Mirko Bortolloti on instagram. He would like to compete. But for example this team Grasser had both the Daytona and Dubai events already. So therefore Bathurst is not possible. So if next year in the same situation, than maybe an FFF Racing Team from China might be an option for the event to enter a factory Huracan.

So my hopes are on the following manufacturers to be added next year:
- Nissan
- Aston Martin
- Lamborghini (probably need an asian or australian Squadra Corse affiliated team to run it)
- Acura/Honda (if Suzuka will be a success, I won't be suprised Acura/Honda might invest in IGTC and Bathurst)
- Lexus (same for Lexus, depending is Suzuka might be a success, i could see Lexus become part of IGTC)