Thread: Customer Cars?
View Single Post
Old 8 Jan 2021, 18:03 (Ref:4027703)   #30
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
For the customer (Stroll in your exemple) the advantage could be that by getting a Mercedes they will probably not beat Mercedes (the 'better job' part in your comparison seems real to me) but may stand a better chance against McLaren, Renault, Ferrari or even Red Bull
i intentionally used RP/Stroll in the example to facilitate this discussion point as they are the team currently upsetting the order with their customer cars....thank you Gert for taking the time to read my post and responding to it on point.

to answer...for sure that is the risk but is that inherently a bad thing? a new status quo where the manus are not automatically at the top of the ladder?

i would like to think that within a budget cap, the teams that do well are the teams that work the best, are the most efficient, create the best work environment etc...will have to wait and see on that though.

of course Stroll looks to have just bought what he needed to succeeded but this ex Force India team was punching well above their weight class for a while now...some of their current success imo is well deserved and beyond the scope of having just bought a pre made kit.