View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 2008, 22:40 (Ref:2169097)   #11
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The block has to be "stock", and iron. IE: the Chevy uses the iron "SBC" block, the Ford uses the "351 whatever", Dodge uses the "Hemi", and Toyota uses the "Tundra" (their big truck) block (which the specially developed so they could enter NASCAR). I don't think it's available in the US spec Camry.

The SBC is where I'll concentrate, as I know more about it. The heads are known as "SBC2.2" which is an asymmetrical port setup, similar to that you have on your LS1, with the ports being in/ex/in/ex/in/ex/in/ex compared to the normal SBC as ex/in/in/ex/ex/in/in/ex (as used on the Nationwide motors)
The SBC2.2 is a bit of a homologation special - they don't use / haven't used it on street motors.

Cup engines are "flat tappet", no nice roller rockers/tappets here. You can have those in Nationwide.

Cup engines rev to 9200 and sometimes more! That's a lot of revs for a big hunk of iron.

Nationwide motors rev to about 8600

They say that the Toyota is a pretty good copy of a SBC!! It's not exactly rocket science!

Rob.