View Single Post
Old 1 Jan 2012, 11:15 (Ref:3006058)   #4
historic racer
Rookie

historic racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have said this in other forums , relating back to the 70s when you joined one club and were invited by other organising club to the events, Brands club races were usually over subscribed. The clubs now are greddy and money grabbing being over protective of their own little empires. Most clubs seem to be run by people who have no flair ,drive or business sense, for instance last year tried to get a one off entry to a clubs event but was turned down unless I joined and registered, the grid was not full so could they really afford to turn me away , the secretary has the business skills of a rock ape ! This year we are trying to stay racing in the south and am having a hard job trying to get clubs to let us race without joining etc, it would work out about 3 races with each club, do they want us or not, if they pi55 me off too much I might just call it a day and stop sponsoring the car that I run . The 360 club seem to have the right idea no club fees so we will enter their sprint race , perhaps they could organise more events, would have full grids with that philosophy. Might even get a reply from clubs on here but doubt it as they sit in their ivory towers with the shutters drawn.