View Single Post
Old 2 Jan 2012, 12:46 (Ref:3006394)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent Motorsp View Post
I don't really see why the clubs that run race meetings are any different to clubs that runs rallies, speed events autotests etc.
Graeme, my point was that while in a club such as CSCC (for example), all the members will belong to it as they race with them, with a regional club like SCCON (again for example!) people will join for various reasons. If the latter puts on a special stage rally it is not going to fill the entry with own members. It needs to invite other clubs and vice versa when they put on similar events. If pure racing clubs can stay solvent just with their own membership then they will probably continue to charge 'day membership' or whatever. Incidentally HSCC charge £10 for a 'once per season' day membership so not sure where your figure of £50 came from. Maybe twice per season would be fairer looking at full membership cost, but I'd pay that if it meant getting a race with them!