Thread: IMSA DPi Discussion
View Single Post
Old 29 Jan 2019, 02:34 (Ref:3880329)   #3429
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
I know little about the politics, but I do know the DPIs are great cars to watch. They look, sound and drive great. The LMP2s look mundane by comparison. I'd be perfectly happy to see something like a DPI at Le Mans and elsewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
They look and drive exactly the same as an LMP2 and I'd hardly call the motor in those unspectacular when it isn't rev limited into oblivion for no reason.
This is a perfect example of too much information killing some of the joy. I read anyopenroad's post about his trip to Daytona. It read a lot like I remember my trips to Sebring. Just pure fun, with no worries about the behind the scenes stuff that caused it to be that way.

And here, he again is expressing his enjoyment of watching cool looking, fast cars putting on a good race. But carbsmith, who I know is on here enough to be informed and follow all the politics, bop, what has been done to separate dpi and p2, etc, sees the negativity in what went into making these cool looking, fast cars put on a good show.

There's nothing wrong with either point of view, but I sort of wish sometimes I could go back to not knowing all the politics and enjoying the racing more purely like I used to years ago. (Doesn't hurt that being at the race, maybe anyopenroad was able to miss out on guiseppe risi's dour, negative interview about bop.

*This is the closest I will ever get to a "things were better back in my day" type post.