View Single Post
Old 23 Feb 2019, 06:33 (Ref:3886095)   #401
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
Talking of attempts to increase grid numbers I see the HSCC's Dunlop Saloon Car Cup ( nee Super Touring Cars ) will feature a class for Group 1/1.5 cars racing on slick tyres . I wonder how much this will impact on MRL's HTCC series ? I suppose only time will tell but , along with the new UK Motorsport Pre '64 Saloon/Sports series , it seems the cake is being cut into ever more , but probably smaller slices .
As Peter says, the Dunlop slick tyre range doesn’t really work for GP1 cars with narrow rims. He will know better than me, but I thought Goodwood MM regs required Dunlop Post Historic treaded tyres only for the GMT race? And MRL series allows Avon tyres? If the meetings don’t clash, and car owners have the funds, no reason why they can’t do both series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
Finally , over on the Classic F3 website some good news as their entry fee for the Silverstone Classic has been reduced to the same level as the Historic F2 racers , £995 .
That’s good news. Common sense prevails?