View Single Post
Old 29 Jun 2020, 12:32 (Ref:3984481)   #9
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I'm not sure on specific dates.

An article here discusses some of the changes that may be required to meet requirements. These include:
Headlights,
sideview mirrors,
windscreen wipers,
body paint,
tyres,
rounded edges.

They put forward a render that proposes how it may be developed to meet regulations.

That being said - if you were one of the people who already had an order in, how much would be willing to see changed in the design?
These are the questions really aren't they? How long will people wait before thinking - sod it, I actually need a truck/car now not in X months time give me my deposit back? How many people will look at the road legal version and think "nah" that's not what I ordered, give me my deposit back? (I suspect less of the second group - presumably most people putting a deposit down on one of these are Tesla groupies).

In some ways Tesla are way ahead of everyone else - in others (like delivering actual vehicles in a timely manner) they're a bit off still aren't they? I think Tesla are generally a positive influence on the market as whole though - they're forcing other manufacturers to actually think rather than just churn out the same stuff they always do.