View Single Post
Old 5 Apr 2024, 01:52 (Ref:4203904)   #4388
High_OCTANE_HSV
Rookie

Australia
High_OCTANE_HSV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Repliglass are probably one of the few groups that do a really good job with replica supercar kits. I popped in and had a chat with the guys there (looking for a kit myself for a VZ supercar), and they said that a lot of the touring car masters guys are using their kits (he mentioned John Bowe specifically). They're all fibreglass with aluminum inserts where needed for extra strength (like the rear wing), but they come with diffusers and the like so it'll do for me. Most of the replica shops had their moulds done off of the genuine supercar kits so they're the correct size and dimensions etc, but it seems they've avoided doing the early AU front bumper with the shark fin in the middle - remember it was very fragile back in 99 so it makes sense for everyone to be doing kits of the Tega bumper instead (although it does unfortunately mean it's quite difficult to get your hands on a genuine 99 spec from bumper for a restoration. Made even more difficult by the fact that all AUs post mid 2000 ran the Tega/Blueprint bumber so I suspect that there are very few moulds left around.)

As for the BF bodykit on a BA, I'm not a Ford fan so I don't know the difference between the two (excpet the wider front quater panels on the BF), but after having a bit of a look at replica kit sites they tend to lump the BA/BF bodykit together, maybe someone more knowledgeable than me can chime in here and let me know what the differences are...either way Repliglass do have a kit for a BA/BF.

I think your best bet for getting a genuine kit would be to contact a team directly and see what they have lying around for you - I know the Egglestons have a lot of body kit parts listed for sale on their site, although they are more Holden biased. Your other option is to join a motorsport sale group on facebook and see what's for sale there and piece a kit together.