View Single Post
Old 13 Aug 2009, 10:55 (Ref:2520734)   #11
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by antc View Post
Interesting comments from all contributors. In response, I have added a few more oictures of my car taken when I purchased it.

Regarding race results, the car was not very succesful, seemingly underpowered with the spec 13b against much lighter sports 2000 type cars, ie. Tiga and Chevron. The car was about 300kg heavier than those it competed against at the time.

SInce owning it, I have only demonstrated the occassions, as we don't have a suitable category for it here. I am now considering a full restoration of the car to orginal spec!!, if only I was sure what that original spec was?

Hope this thread can further assist in pinning the possibilities down.
Have you any knowledge of how it came to be imported to SA? Going on what you've said about the difficulty of competing against much lighter S2000s with a Mazda 13B, then importing what looks to be every inch a proper C2 car (what was the minimum C2 weight limit, 750kg or so?) seems a fairly brave move. I've got a vague memory that there were at one time a couple of other 'proper' C2s in SA- a pair of (possibly S2000-based?) Tiga-Mazdas imported for the Kyalami Group C race in '83. Are they still on the radar in South Africa, or disappeared without trace?