View Single Post
Old 31 Aug 2011, 06:44 (Ref:2948707)   #71
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think really that Rossi and JB are realists? I am not so sure they will take the risk to maybe stand a chance of getting a podium. Why would you bother just get 5th instead of 8th?

It is fairly obvious that Casey rides it different to Valentino, but to start crowing about it and playing tit for tatt is a bit childish on Casey's part. He has the right to be cocky coz he has proved he can ride two bikes better than Valentino, but he hasn't yet won many world titles or races. He didnt win a 250 or 125 title either.

These are all achievements, no matter how you look at it, and I cant see Casey being around for years after he is a Dad.

I will agree Rossi is losing his edge on this bike, he is not prepared to hang it out and seemingly can't ride the bike like Casey could. It's a fascinating situation. But I still believe Ducati have not been as flexible as Yamaha were in 2004, loads of different frames, 4 engine types, all for him to test.

Yes, they bent over backwards, but who looks the chump now? Yamaha? Certainly not, they invested heavily to help Vale. Ducati were never going to be like that, they are not big enough and they are certainly stubborn enough to expect Rossi to ride anything, it's why he didnt sign for them in 2004, and it is haunting him now. He is riding their bike and it will not be the bieks fault, not the other way round as was the case at Yamaha

It seems to me that it's as simple as being left or right handed. It seems Casey at least might be a little ambidextrous! Whereas Rossi is certainly only left handed. Does that mke him less of a champion, no, less of a talent, no, less of an alien, maybe?