View Single Post
Old 15 Mar 2015, 07:32 (Ref:3515337)   #10
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
5 for the GP. The Mercs dominating doesn't faze me. That's the way the cards fall sometimes. But the race lacked life by the elimination of several key drivers and a fragile and/or outright slow state of the Renaults and Hondas.
I reckon "how the cards fall sometimes" is not a accurate representation of the current state of F1.

The corporate power/finance of Mercedes means they have been untouchable for more than a season and will remain so this year. The sport is being killed because the financial distribution between the team only expands the problem.

I find the discussions about the more exciting cars quite silly. I don't want more exciting cars, I want more exciting races. Exciting races for me means a way more level playing field between the teams, so we have lot's of tight duels on the track and not teams that may or may not be able to participate because of the state they're in.

Unfortunately, money and brand value have been way more important than the sport itself for a long time in F1. The financial crises has just made the problem more apparent.