Thread: GT Open 2017
View Single Post
Old 29 May 2017, 19:46 (Ref:3737212)   #72
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
That's what I mean. It's a very non-aggressive attitude, which is what they've had during the entire development of this car. Very little ambition or proper get-up-and-go about the project. They finally get the car where it should be, and they enter it in Am dominated series in the US and Europe.

It's just a missed opportunity, which sums up this project. Similar with the Acura, I want to see that run properly, on a level playing field. None of this picking easy fights stuff. Do stuff because it's a challenge.
Well, they entered two of them in America, in their premiere sportscar series, they entered two of them in Japan, in their premiere sportscar series. They will supposedly enter two of them in Europe later this year in Blancpain. Why is going to GT Open such a bad move for a brand new car? Not sure if you followed the development of the RC F that closely, but it was troubled because the road car it was based on isn't the most ideal platform. The road car's chassis itself is a mix of different parts of other Lexus vehicles. Weight (body and engine) was arguably the biggest challenge and they finally got it right. Toyota/Lexus never did a GT3 car before on top of that. You gotta start somewhere.

The bop on the car looks close to the same as in VLN where it won it's first race. Speaking of VLN, the car first appeared there, which is probably the toughest place to test your race car. I'd consider that a challenge