View Single Post
Old 31 Jan 2021, 17:43 (Ref:4032587)   #9
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rallycross managed perfectly well for decades without manufacturers, they ALWAYS ruin every championship they get into, look at WSPC, DTM ITC, BTCC, they just all try and win and outspend each other.

You basically had a factory VW dominating the series and still doing so 4 years after it's debut, I wonder why huh, maybe its the multi million budget left over from WRC!

This is not what rallycross needs, AT ALL ,and it never was. I get it, I see why people like IMG were obsessed with it, but they looked for that and new venues over all else, and that is why they lost the crowd and the manufacturers, it is unsustainable spending millions on a series with minimal fans and tv coverage.

If you come in, with new ideas, cater for everyone, not just your wallent peopel will coem, but they didnt, they went to places that paid the most, priced out all existing venues pretty much, made it vastly more expensive, banned ERC from competing with WRX, basically put all their eggs in one basket then ran away and totally left the sport in the lurch.

Good riddance to them, rallycross needs to get back to basics, bring in the old tracks mixed with the good new ones, remove the snobbery, make the support series better and easier. It's not hatfd realy