View Single Post
Old 3 Dec 2017, 08:48 (Ref:3784863)   #20
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Strange races; Bird dominant in race 1, even with a drive through still wins by over 10sec.

Then Mortara dominating race 2, only to make a small mistake. Very unfortunate for him. But the pace of the Venturi I'd say he'll be winning at some stage. That would have been Venturi's first win right? Oh well all the fans must be happy, the fan favourite won Mortara was fast in race 1 too, going 19th to 7th I think.

Rosenqvist very fast again like last year, championship favourite now? He was faster than Mortara, closed several seconds in the second stint, but not a clean weekend for him at all. He could have won both races.

Buemi, while fastest in practice 3, perhaps the DAMS car isn't as good on race pace and saving battery this year? He was in a lap earlier than everyone in race 2, and Prost wasn't much better. The look of Buemi during qualifying looked like he was about to kill someone. Was it Prost that hit the wall in quali then continued dragging signage around with him that got caught up with another car? How on earth does he get to finish the lap and start 18th without any penalty?

Much like Mitch in the Jag, fastest in both qualifying sessions (though the first one didn't count, and they conveniently didn't actually tell us what that lap was), fastest in practise 2 by a good margin, he, Buemi and Felix look to be fastest on raw speed, but obviously the Jags can't save juice because he wasn't fast in the race. Race 1 he was nowhere (although did start from the back of the grid and Lotterer strangely dropped 4sec off the pack on the restart, I guess there's no penalty for not maintaining 10 car lengths as in F1), but Mitch spent a large portion stuck behind Kobayashi and couldn't pass. I have to wonder if his second car is hugely faster than his first car though, as he only lost 2 secs in that last stint and even Lynn started with 5% more power but ended using it all up then running out. I don't know why Mitch started 4th after qualifying 2nd, though. Good job commentators.

And what happened to Bird and his pace from race 1? Perhaps they all caught him a little bit for race 2 and he couldn't find as much.

Abt fast in both races too actually, Audi still obviously fast but some average performances from the champ. Much like last year.

Di Grassi and Buemi 0 points from 2 races, how awesome is that? They'll need to play catch up for a while. People whinge about Hamilton, but he seems like an angel compared to Buemi when things don't go right for him. At this rate it probably is Rosenqvist looking best, but I hope it's a close season with lots of different winners. Just a shame it's the usual drive 3sec off the pace rubbish to get to the finish.