View Single Post
Old 26 Nov 2021, 03:57 (Ref:4085494)   #306
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
So with annual budgets and resources dwindling, would you prioritize the drivers or the constructors title?

RB have experience focusing on one driver, Merc in my opinion less so, so operationally this may be difficult for them to implement at this stage?

But can they trust Bottas to deliever what is needed and moreso why would Ham want them to?

Surely the teams have a strategy in place so I would presume a choice has been made right?

For me, for selfish reasons i hope both teams prioritize the drivers title. Entertainment wise i would like to see the two drivers sort it out themselves.

What would you do?
I think you gotta be able to win races to have the problem of considering if your primarily focus is on WDC or WCC. Those that can win and seem to have a driver that is mathematically in the mix for the WDC, I suspect the WDC will be the primary focus, but they also care about WCC. WDC would be the focus (IMHO), because the majority of press goes to the WDC and not the WCC. Its what we talk about 90% of the time. So those top teams would like all of the fanfare and associated publicity to feature their team as part of the total package.

Those team who have no real prospect for WDC, really can only probably then focus on WCC points as that drives end of year revenue.

My 2cents.

Richard